Lizard and Lunk

The continuing GURPS adventures of eight men who really should find better uses for their time.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Origins, Day 3

Games Played:
Smallworld (a very interesting take on a type of game that doesn't interest me much),
Pandemic once again (still excellent),
Martian Fluxx (the jokes are nice, but sadly, it's still Fluxx), and
Castle Panic (a good game, but too simple to play with my friends and too complicated to play with my son).

Games Won:
Smallworld (how nice of those veteran players to give a first-timer like me such good advice!). Also, our group defeated the Castle Panic game itself, but I had the lowest score out of the four of us. Frankly, this is a game that requires teamwork first, then punishes it later.

My play of Castle Panic was a full-length demo at the booth; it included me, the demonstrator, and two other guys I didn't know. We were halfway through the game before I realized that the demonstrator was actually Justin De Witt, the game's designer -- and I probably wouldn't have realized it at all if the other people working at the booth weren't making a bit of a fuss.

Just plain forgot to take any pictures today -- even though that learn-it-from-the-designer moment might have been a good time to remember to take out the camera.

Game-playing at Origins is over for me this year, though I'm taking Henry down tomorrow morning so he can see the trade room.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home