Lizard and Lunk

The continuing GURPS adventures of eight men who really should find better uses for their time.

Monday, October 24, 2005

New Digs

It's not that I don't like working with TextPad. (I do.) And it's not that I don't like navigating my way through twelve layers of GeoCities interface every time I want to write something. (I don't. I really, really don't.)

It's just that I've been spending the past several years faithfully (if intermittently) doing little diary entries about our nerdly pursuits, and now that there are websites and technological advances specifically devoted to this sort of journal-keeping . . . it just makes sense to start using them.

Thus, here we are. Although I am the epitome of the performer playing to an empty room (on the GeoCities site, the only thing more rare than contributions from me was visits from people I didn't know), we'll set up shop here, at least for the sorta-weekly updates.

The old game resources -- the settings, the character stats, the magical items -- are still over at the old place (see sidebar), and they'll stay there until Yahoo! gets tired of maintaining the ever-dwindling GeoCities. Inevitably, we're going to come up with new things to share, and I'm not sure what we'll do with those; maybe I'll create a Yahoo! Group and post the login information here.

Appropriately for this new venue, we started a new adventure arc last week, and we did it old-school: the first real bar-brawl for these still-green adventurers. Several of us are huge and/or scary, so being outnumbered wasn't a huge problem. Best of all (at least from my perspective), my Bard finally used magic in an effective way, Air Jetting a couple of foes a good distance across the room. Okay, it was two yards apiece, but still.

The bar brawl lasted until it was time to go home, so we haven't an inkling about why (or even whether) it was important for the story ahead, but the scattered NPCs around the room must have something to do with it. In the meantime, we'll take the senseless violence for what it was worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home